Black Bean and Avocado Brownies
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon powdered stevia
- 4 ounces unsweetened baking chocolate
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1 cup almonds
- 2 Cups cooked black beans
- 1/2 large or 1 small avocado
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse sea salt
- 3/4 cup agave nectar
- 1/4 cup instant espresso or natural coffee alternative
- 4 eggs
- Put the chia seeds and stevia in the 1/2 cup of warm water. Stir and let sit for about 10 minutes.
- Melt butter and coconut oil in a glass dish with your chocolate. Microwave for about one minute intervals and stir till melted.
- Place the beans, avocado, almonds, vanilla extract, and a couple of spoonfuls of the melted chocolate mixture into a food processor. Blend till mixture is smooth. Dump it in a mixer. Add the remaining chocolate, coffee or coffee substitute, chai/stevia mixture, eggs and salt.
- Mix until mixture is well blended and creamy. Pour into a greased 11×9″ baking pan. Bake at 325 degrees F for about 35 minutes or till it’s set.
- Cool completely before cutting and store in the refrigerator. These are best after they’ve cooled and also slice much cleaner. If you want warm brownies afterwards just heating them up in a microwave.